Friday, November 03, 2006

Other Terrific Audio Content

I got an expansion card for my Palm T/X, and now I can download and listen to podcasts, which I do as filler between books. A recent one was a Cato Institute Book Forum on Liberty for All: Reclaiming Individual Privacy in a New Era of Public Morality (Yale University Press, 2006), by Elizabeth Price Foley. It includes dissenting comments by William Galston, a former adviser to President Clinton and an expert on family policy. This is very thought provoking, informative material on the nature of personal sovreignty and public morality.

I also like to listen to Scott Sigler's podcast novels. He releases them as weekly episodes, and they often include listener comments and good natured ragging on his audience. And, as Scott says, his books include, "adult language, adult situations, and lots, and LOTS of violence!" He has released these free audiobooks into the wild and include the titles: Earthcore, Ancestor, Infection, and The Rookie is now in progress. They are sci-fi thrillers and I have enjoyed them a great deal. So far, Ancestor was the best one, but The Rookie is about as good.

I gotta go.

DM

No comments: